At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: we aim to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. Why? Because more than 1/3 of all the food produced in the world is wasted, resulting in a huge impact on the health of our planet. Food waste is responsible for 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
As the world’s largest marketplace for surplus food, Too Good To Go connects food stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. More than just an app, TGTG is a certified B Corporation whose mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, through the awareness campaigns and educational tools we create, as well as the new business solutions and legislative improvement we pursue, all aimed at reducing levels of food waste.
We’re growing fast. Our community of 60 million users in 17 countries have saved over 149 million meals from going to waste, but there’s a lot more we want to achieve, when it comes to shaping the right policy environment.
That’s why we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team, and this is where you come in: We’re looking for an exceptional Public Affairs Manager (f/m/d) to join our Global Public Affairs team and create, develop and implement a Public Affairs strategy for Germany. In addition, you will also support the occasional policy efforts in a couple of other countries, and contribute to the Global Public Affairs strategy’s objective of connecting our team and our work more closely with other global functions in Too Good To Go.
Public Affairs at Too Good To Go is about protecting & strengthening our right to operate, but also about ensuring that policymakers raise the bar when designing policy measures to reduce food waste, by continuously telling the story of the enormous environmental, social and economic impact of food waste and offering support in coming forward with regulatory measures to save food from being wasted.
Our Global Public Affairs team works closely with the global Legal team, with Public Affairs and Impact Managers from other countries, as well as with local and global Marketing teams. As a member of the Global Public Affairs team, you will report to the Global Public Affairs Director.
- Defining and implementing the advocacy strategy to influence Germany’s food waste legislation and policy landscape
- Devising and implementing stakeholder engagement programmes, building and maintaining a solid network amongst relevant stakeholders from political parties, NGOs, associations…
- Advising on how to handle high profile political situations; delivering the appropriate message to each stakeholder, and defining the right level of engagement (dialogue, influence, partnership)
- Horizon-scanning for political, reputational and regulatory risks & opportunities; monitoring key issues
- Leading TGTG’s contribution to relevant consultations and forums; drafting position papers
- Manage TGTG’s efforts in tackling food insecurity, establish and nourish a trustful relationship with relevant organisations
- Representing TGTG with political authorities and institutions, serving as the first point of contact for their inquiries
- Act as spokesperson on policy issues, and represent TGTG in conferences, events, panels and speaking engagements
- Running campaigns and complex, cross-functional projects to advance our mission
What we are looking for:
- You have a degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Relations, Law
- You already have several years of experience in policy advocacy roles, NGOs or government
- Proven ability to influence, manage, build and improve relationships with stakeholders from politics, business, and civil society
- Someone who enjoys deep-diving into emerging topics, political trends, upcoming regulations, and challenges
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative who functions autonomously and has a collaborative mindset
- Thorough, well-organized and results & outcomes oriented
- Clear understanding of the German political landscape
- Good knowledge of the country’s sustainability & environmental policy issues, preferably also in the area of food waste
- Excellent written & verbal communication and negotiation skills, with rigorous German and English.
- Record of successful campaigns and political decision-making influence in Germany
- Proven project management skills and experience in working cross-functionally
- Agility and ability to manage fast-moving, complex, even chaotic situations
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Food Savers with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold, but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business
What we offer:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1300 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together
- A competitive salary
- Full time: 40 hours per week
- A dog friendly office
- Benefits such as Urban Sports Club, Edenred, Company pension plan
- Coffee/tea/drinks flat rate in the office
How to apply
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your application in English. Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.