Are you ready to take on a new challenge in the rapidly changing AI and automation space?
Automation Hero – a high-growth start-up with offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote employees around the globe – helps organizations process documents faster than ever with the most powerful and complete intelligent document processing platform. We grew significantly last year – and we would like you to grow with us.
Get ready for a fast-moving, fluid start-up environment where you get to make an impact from day one. The ideal candidate should be good at working independently towards a common goal and thrive in an environment with plenty of big-picture direction but very little micromanagement.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist with experience in building smart machine learning and deep learning algorithms. As a Principal Data Scientist at Automation Hero, you will bring cutting-edge research into action. You will be working in a team that is responsible for developing large scale machine learning solutions for natural language processing, computer vision, dynamic pricing, and related problems.. Proficiency in English is required. Your primary focus will be to research, implement and integrate machine learning solutions into our product.
This is a full-time, remote position hiring in Germany that reports to the Head of Data Science.
What we offer
- An exciting and permanent position in a rapidly growing tech start-up
- An opportunity in one of the fastest-growing and most innovative markets worldwide
- Flat hierarchy, fast thinking, open communication and great team spirit
- Talented, multicultural colleagues representing 20+ countries
- “Never stop learning”-model with our own comprehensive e-learning platform
- Train AI models and bring them to our platform
- Frequent check-ins with the Head of AI
- Keep up with the current research in machine learning and AI Develop and deploy machine learning algorithms around problems that can be solved with computer vision, classification models, recommendation engines or natural language processing
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Contribute to build new intelligent document processing and automation solutions, and cultivating innovation
- Communicate data science concepts and requirements to educate and enable internal and external business stakeholders for success
- Mentor and coach junior data scientists in their career development and technical knowledge and skills
- 3+ years of experience Machine Learning, Architect Data Science, and Management
- M. Sc. or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with computer vision or NLP, ideally both
- Experience with ML and DL frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch and Scikit-Learn
- Experience with deployment technologies (e.g. Docker) and Management is a plus
- Self-motivated; action-oriented
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Lifelong learning attitude and perseverance
- Strong work ethic, values, integrity and trust
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays), family and parental leave
- Flexible working hours
- Annual learning & development budget for external training to develop your skills
- Access to our e-learning platform and participate in our various in-house training
Please note: Benefit programs vary by country of residency, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. Ask HR for more details about benefits in your region.
As a start-up making cutting-edge AI technology, we have big aspirations. We’re a team of smart, resourceful people dedicated to empowering each other and our customers by building AI technology that will make a difference in the way people work.
We are the first platform to intelligently automate business processes so information workers can focus on the bottom line. We support information workers by automating their mundane, repetitive tasks and giving them back their time for higher value-add activities. We are making robotic process automation (RPA) smarter and raising the bar for the decade-old RPA by building AI into our platform. We’ve already seen significant interest and traction across multiple industries and only expect this to increase as we grow.
We’re bringing our success in the field of big data analytics and industry experience to this new market. Automation Hero was created by the founding team of Datameer, the award-winning market front-runner in big data business intelligence that is used by companies such as Citibank, Visa, Barclays, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Dell (among others). Datameer was built from the ground up, raised more than $100M in VC funding and doubled revenue six years in a row, not to mention secured a place in Gartner’s BI and Analytic Magic Quadrant within the first five years. We love working with and encouraging each other to bring the best product to market. Join us now and help make a direct impact on a game-changing product in a cutting-edge industry.
Automation Hero is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Automation Hero does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Automation Hero will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Automation Hero.
Automation Hero, Inc. has published a GDPR Privacy Notice for Recruitment regarding the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes for its subsidiaries in the European Union which is accessible under https://automationhero.ai/privacy-policy